Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day one

Today is the first day of my tranformation. I can't say that I've accomplished more than the physical stuff today, but that's okay. You can't get it done all in one day. I kept right on track with my exercising and diet today. I walked [briskly, I might add] 1.5 miles up and down the road my boss lives on, and I also ate around 1,200 calories today [1,212 calories or less is my goal]. I'm really happy with how everything turned out! I also plan on doing some ab exercises tonight, another thing I've been wanting to incorporate into my daily exercise routine. I recently bought an app for my iPhone that's full of a bunch of different 5 minute ab workouts, so I'm excited to use it.

Speaking of the iPhone, it has been the BIGGEST tool in helping me work towards my goals in diet and exercise. As I mentioned in my last blog post, I started working out and eating better about a month ago, but I haven't been as consistent as I would like to be. From having the iPod feature on me at all times to have some music to workout to [Lady GaGa's new album is really fantastic for that, I found out today...FYI], to amazing apps that tell me how many calories are in different foods, to apps that record my exercise and eating habits...it's been so helpful to have. In case any of you are wondering, here is a couple of my favorite health apps that I have on my phone:

1) iMapMyRUN: This is an awesome app for tracking your workouts. You tap "Record a Workout" on the home screen, and via the GPS on your phone it will track your location and how far and fast you exercise. You can also save your workouts to their website and see more details, like how many calories you burned [on average].

2) Livestrong: This one is really the only app you need when it comes to diet and exercise. On the homepage, it will show you your daily calorie goal on the very top of the screen, how many calories you have remaining for the day, and then a little bar below that that shows the percentage of calories you've consumed. It also breaks that down for you in numbers below that. Then, you start plugging into the app what you've eaten and exercised for the day [it has a huge database of different exercises and foods so you don't have to do all that work yourself], and there you go! It just does all the work for you. I love it. It's my favorite app on my phone, hands down.

Anyway, I guess that's it for today. If you have any apps you absolutely love on your phones for diet and exercise, please send them my way! I'm definitely up for trying some new ones. I hope all of you are having a fantastic week!

Talk to you soon,

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment